Poster Contest FAQs
What is the poster contest timeline and selection process?
- The Education Committee will select five finalists from each grade level by March 1. Teachers will be notified once finalists are announced.
- Community voting to select the winners from the finalists will start online at cbwcd.org/poster on March 1, and there will be in-person voting at our Annual Open House on March 17.
How will poster contest finalists be selected?
Our judges will be selecting finalists using the following criteria:
- Relevance of poster to "How We Save Water" contest theme
- Creativity and originality
- Aesthetics (including visual clarity and ability to read text and interpret visuals)
- Bonus points will be given to posters that tell us how much water will be saved using the poster's water-saving strategy!
What makes an award-winning poster?
- Keep the poster's slogan brief using large and simple letters.
- Research a water-saving strategy that is impactful and demonstrates your understanding of effective water conservation.
- Use media that provides consistent, broad coverage in bright, bold, and rich colors.